The Hospital Information System must be built to overcome the shortcomings and inequality between work units. In developing information systems in general, there are a number of basic concepts that must be understood by developers or manufacturers of information systems (designers). In the meantime, you may go to https://www.qulix.com/ if you need the best experts in the information system to improve the IT management system of the yor company.
Here are some of the basic concepts that must be known by the information system developers:
1. Information systems are not identical to computerized systems
Basically, information systems do not depend on the use of computer technology. Information systems that utilize computer technology in its implementation are referred to as Computer-Based Information Systems. What is meant by information systems is a computer-based information system.
2. An organizational information system is a dynamic system.
The dynamics of information systems in an organization is largely determined by the dynamics of the organization’s development. Therefore it is necessary to realize that the development of information systems never stops.
3. Information systems as a system must follow the life cycle of the system such as born, develop, steady and eventually die or turn into a new system. Therefore, information systems have a useful age.
4. The information becomes the asset of the organization.
In the modern management concept, information has become one of the assets of an organization, in addition to money, human resources, facilities, and infrastructure. Mastery of the organization’s internal and external information is one of the competitive advantages, because of the existence of this information.
5. Translation of the system to the application uses a hierarchical structure that is easy to understand. In all the literature that deals with system concepts, only the terms system and subsystem are known. This will cause difficulties in carrying out the information system translation which is quite wide in scope.
Therefore, the terms often used in the translation are:
Each subsystem can consist of several modules, each module can consist of several submodules and each submodule can consist of several applications according to needs.